Friday 16 March 2012

Week 8

After mid term break,i start to find component that i needed to construct a circuit.First, i sketch it like below:



I do not have chance to go to Jalan Pasar yet,but i have 16x2 LCD display in my toolbox, so i decided to construct circuit from Arduino to LCD display first.


LCD display is great way to display output from  arduino when it not connected to my computer. The common display used in arduino projects is 16×2 parallel LCD display which compatible with the Hitachi HD44780 driver. It can easily recognize with it 16 pin interface.


I try to print out text message “welcome mc-ergocycle” .


Parts List that i needed :


1) 1x 16×2 parallel LCD display
2)  Arduino board
3) 1x 10kΩ potentiometer
4) Jumper wire
5) Breadboard


Procedure:
1) I constructed a circuit as shown on below:
(refer from arduinoprojects101 )






2) The potentiometer use for adjusting the contrast of the LCD character.
3) Then i edit some part of code of 'hello world' then upload to my arduino as below:




4)As a result, i succeed to display welcoming message as shown below:


No comments:

Post a Comment